5 Tips to Help With Your Superbowl Party Cleanup
You may not live in the Bay Area, or in the winning city of Denver, but chances are you still watched the Superbowl last night. This year, over 111 million people tuned in to see the Panthers and Broncos battle for the Golden Anniversary title. And if you’re like many Americans, you probably celebrated the event with food and friends. If you were the lucky host, you may be spending this evening doing more than nursing the last of your hangover.
At Aftermath Services, we’re experts in cleanup of all kinds – crime scene cleanup, biohazard cleaning, even contagious illness. And while we don’t do housekeeping, we do know a thing or two about keeping you and your family safe and healthy while you finish the chore. Cleaning your home after a Superbowl party shouldn’t make you feel like you’re cleaning Levi’s Stadium. Here are our top 5 tips to make sure your home is
1. When In Doubt, Throw It Out: Hopefully you’ve already removed all open food and drink last night. Remember that any food left out for over two hours can potentially put your family at risk of foodborne illness. If it needed refrigeration, it should be tossed; make sure that everything else is stored in airtight containers.
2. Three Tools To Tackle Everything:<a href=”http://cleanmyspace.com/party-clean-up-just-in-time-for-super-bowl/” target=”_blank”>One Blogger suggests tacking a messy living room with three tools: a laundry basket, a garbage bag, and a tray. Use the tray to collect dishware that needs to be washed and toss out garbage as you go. Be sure to separate out recyclables. Use the basket to collect anything that might have wandered into the party space from another room.
3. Recruit a Team: Cleaning goes faster if you divide and conquer. Even Aftermath technicians work in teams.
4. Check the Labels: Make sure to follow the label when using household cleaning products. Some products, like bleach and Lysol, require specific handling in order to be effective. Following instructions help protect your family and ensure your home is sanitary.
5. Finishing Touches: The final step is dealing with sticky floors and surfaces. Clean counters and tables first, then vacuum or sweep up loose debris from the floor. Follow with mopping, or spot mop if traffic and accidents were minimal.
Aftermath Services We’re on call 24/7 for those serious situations that require a professional biohazard cleaner. Visit our website for mo!