NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM THE GRANT. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Aftermath K9 Grant is sponsored by AFTERMATH SERVICES LLC, 75 EXECUTIVE DRIVE, SUITE 200, AURORA, IL 60504 (“Sponsor”).
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Grant (as defined in Section 5) registration period begins at 12:00am CST on May 17, 2023 and ends at 11:59pm CST on May 24, 2023 (the “Registration Period”). The Grant voting period begins at 5:00am CST on May 25, 2023 and ends at 11:59pm CST on June 5, 2023 (the “Voting Period”). The votes will be tallied after the close of the Voting Period and the winning law enforcement agencies or first responders will be announced on June 7, 2023. If no response is made by winner by June 12, 2023, the Grant is forfeited.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Grant is open only to U.S. law enforcement agencies or first responders who are legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Eligible participants must be a part of any agency (LE, Fire/EMS, Coroner, Search and Rescue, etc.) that wishes to create, maintain, or grow a K9 unit. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, ServiceMaster OpCo Holdings LLC, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Grant Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winning a Grant is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winner.
FOLLOWING THE 2023 GRANT, THE $2,500 GRANT RECIPIENTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRANT FOR THE NEXT YEAR.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Grant.
- HOW TO ENTER THE GRANT: During the Registration Period, an Eligible Registering Party (as defined herein) may visit https://www.aftermath.com/k9Grant/ and submit a registration. An Eligible Registering Party is anyone within the law enforcement agency or any first responder, which agency’s participation has been approved by their command staff/supervision. During the Voting Period, legal residents of the United States who are thirteen (13) years of age or older with a valid email address and/or social media account at time of entry (“Eligible Voters”). Eligible Voters may vote once every 24 hours on the designated voting website, once daily on Instagram (@AftermathK9Grant) by liking the daily post and posting the agency name and state they wish to vote for in the comment section, and once daily on Facebook (@AftermathCares) by liking the daily post and posting the agency name and state they wish to vote for in the comment section.
Entrants are prohibited from using multiple identities. If it is found or suspected that an entrant is using multiple identities to participate in the Grant, then that Eligible Voter, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may not have their vote counted.
- VOTE CALCULATIONS: The votes will be tallied immediately at the end of the Voting Period and the winning law enforcement agencies and first responders will be contacted by June 7, 2023 via email or telephone. Sponsor’s decisions are final and legally binding on all matters relating to the Grant. Sponsor reserves the right to modify scheduling of the Grant without prior notice.
- GRANT, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
- Grant: $15,000 total in Grants awarded to the top eight (8) law enforcement agencies or first responders by tier with the most eligible votes for use towards maintenance of an existing K9 unit and/or creation of a new unit. The tiers are broken out as follows:
- Tier 1: 25 or less full & part-time employees
- Tier 2: 25-50 full & part-time employees
- Tier 3: 50-100 full & part-time employees
- Tier 4: 101 or more full & part-time employees.
The four departments with the most eligible votes from each tier will be awarded $2,500 grants. The four departments with the second most eligible votes will be awarded $1,000 grants. The remaining $1,000 in grants will be awarded to honorable mentions upon Sponsor’s sole discretion. The grants described in the foregoing sentences are hereafter referred to as “Grant” or “Grants”.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning one of ten Grants depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Grant Period and are not affected by whether or not an applicant makes any purchase from or payment to the Sponsor.
- General Conditions: Grant is not transferable and no substitution is allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for any loss of or damage to the Grant check upon delivery. Sponsor will not replace lost, stolen, or damaged Grant checks, except at winner’s sole cost and expense. Any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including but not limited to income and sales taxes) and all fees, costs and expenses related to acceptance and use of the Grant not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Grant, or in the announcement of the Grant. Winners must allow the Sponsor to follow-up on usage of the Grant on a quarterly basis.
- HOW TO CLAIM THE GRANT AND RESTRICTIONS: The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will notify the potential winners via email or telephone by June 7, 2023. To claim Grant, winners will be required to provide Sponsor with: valid email address, contact phone number, mailing address where the Grant check can be shipped to and signed for upon shipping receipt, and a valid W9 for tax identification purposes. All information must be provided to Sponsor within thirty (30) days of the winner being notified of winning the Grant.
If the potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the prize, or does not respond within seven (7) days of the first attempt at contact, the Grant may be forfeited. If the Grant is forfeited, the Grant may be awarded to an alternate winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or Sponsor may choose not to re-award the Grant.
Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner as set forth above, but Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered messages or for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Grants are non-transferable and no grant substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except In Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grant Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Grant for any reason.
Sponsor shall send the Grant checks within 120 days of representing the winners have won the Grant and with the winners providing Sponsor with valid shipping addresses and W9 forms.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Grant, entrants agree that the Grant Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text/message notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Grant; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Grant and/or accepting a Grant; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Grant Entities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
By submitting registrations or votes for the Grant, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Grant; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Grant, including, but not limited to, any Grant-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, votes, registrations, participation or inability to participate in the Grant; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Grant (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
California Residents: I acknowledge that I have been advised or had the opportunity to be advised by legal counsel, and I understand, my waiver shall include the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542 (“Section 1542”), which provides as follows:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
If, for any reason, the Grant is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Grant and/or proceed with the Grant, including the selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible registrations and votes received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more Grants be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, administrative, printing, production, computer or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS GRANT, INCLUDING THE GRANT PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISPUTES: THIS GRANT IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE FULTON COUNTY, GEORGIA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN GEORGIA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN FULTON COUNTY, GEORGIA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR GRANT ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE VOTING PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in this Grant, each winner or runner-up agrees to allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Grant for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor will also be allowed to interview and film the winners for promotion of the Grant.
- GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Grant other than as described herein is void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Eligible Voters or Eligible Registering Parties found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Grant; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Grant. Any attempted form of participation in this Grant other than as in these Official Rules is void. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Grant or vote or register entrants will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GRANT IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Grant documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Grant details contained in these Official Rules and Grant details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Grant as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNER LIST: For a winner list, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winner List, AFTERMATH SERVICES LLC, 75 EXECUTIVE DRIVE, SUITE 200, AURORA, IL 60504. Winner List requests must be received no later than six (6) months after the Voting Period ends.
This Grant is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.