Urine Odor Removal in 5 Easy Steps
For anyone who has owned a pet, cracking the secret that is urine odor removal may seem like an unachievable task. What products should you use? Should you scrub or blot? How can you get rid of that lingering odor once the stain is gone?
The Secret to Urine Odor Removal in 5 Steps
- Determine the type of surface or fabric that requires cleaning. Carpet and other porous materials can trap odors and stains and make them difficult to remove.
- Determine how fresh the stain is. The sooner you get to a urine stain, the easier it will be to clean. If the stain is fresh, begin by blotting it with a paper towel or clean washcloth. If the stain is old, pour a small amount of cold water on the spot and spray enzyme cleaner over the area.
- Blot, blot, blot. Continue blotting the area and adding water as needed until all traces of the urine stain are gone.
- Apply a towel to absorb the cleaner. Once you feel that the stain has been removed, lay a dry clean towel over the affected area and press down to absorb excess water and cleaning fluid.
- Evaluate the severity of the situation. Cleaning the home of a person who owns 1, 2, even 3 pets that have occasional accidents on the floor is one thing. Cleaning the home of a person who compulsively collects animals is quite another. The urine odor in the home of an animal hoarder is often overwhelming and can breed bacteria if not properly remediated.
Professional Cleaning and Sanitization
A recent study found that an estimated 4-5% of the U.S. population are hoarders of some kind. If you find yourself or a loved one in a hoarding situation that requires the expertise of a professional, Aftermath is there for you every step of the way.
Aftermath has been helping families recover properties from the results of hoarding and neglect for almost 20 years. Our professional technicians wear personal protective equipment during cleanups to avoid exposure to potential biohazards such as Staph, E. coli, Hanta virus, and hepatitis.
Aftermath offers 24/7 support. Call us today to learn more.