1 out of 5 Police Officers Said They Recommend Homicide Cleanup Business to Aftermath
As a police officer, you are faced with traumatic situations daily. From violent crimes and homicides to suicides and serious accidents, you have likely seen it all. Still, when a member of your community has been a victim of a homicide, you want to do what you can for the family and help lighten the burden that they will inevitably face in the days and weeks to come.
Many families whose loved one has been murdered are shocked to find out that it is their responsibility to clean up the scene of the homicide; the police and other law enforcement officials do not have the ability to perform this sort of specialized service. Fortunately, no family has to take on this task alone, thanks to homicide cleanup companies like Aftermath.
The Best in Homicide Cleanup
At Aftermath, we understand that the effects of loss often overwhelm families, and our hearts go out to those who are suffering. This compassion paired with our extensive knowledge of the bioremediation process has made us a national leader in homicide cleanup for over 25 years. In fact, a recent survey showed that 1 out of 5 police officers and detectives said they recommend crime scene cleaning business to Aftermath.
When should a family turn to Aftermath for help?
As a general rule, if the amount of blood at a scene is larger than a standard dinner plate, you should turn to a crime scene cleanup specialist for help.
While neighbors and community members are often happy to help a grieving family clean up after the scene of a crime, many are unaware of the potential dangers they face by doing so. The risk of coming into contact with invisible and often unknown bloodborne pathogens like hepatitis B and C are high at the scene of a homicide, and not everyone has the required tools to complete the job thoroughly and safely.
What sets Aftermath apart?
Aftermath maintains the highest standards in sanitation, cleaning, and safety through:
- Protection. All of our technicians wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and respirators while at the scene.
- Training. Our technicians have completed bloodborne pathogen, hazard communication, OSHA, and medical waste handling/transporting training.
- Compliance. Aftermath is compliant with all DOT, EPA, state, and local regulations.
- Proof of insurance. Aftermath can offer proof of workers’ compensation, general liability, contractors’ environmental liability, and property damage insurance.
- Compassion. We believe that no one should have to suffer the process of cleaning and restoration after a traumatic event. Therefore, the mission of Aftermath is to relieve the customer’s burden by providing compassionate, customer-focused, conscientious care in the delivery of our services.
- Public education. We support public health education through community outreach, learning materials, training, and brochures.
If you are a member of law enforcement, a medical examiner, coroner, or emergency personnel and are looking for a reputable homicide cleanup company to refer to a grieving family, Aftermath is available 24/7. Contact us today to learn more.